Everyone has had a bad day before. Whether the cause was someone else’s or our own, we have all had something happen that makes us mad, sad, frustrated or defeated. That’s ok, we are all human and that’s part of a human experience. However, it’s not ok to stop and settle into that feeling or mood. There is always a positive that can come from a negative, always.
Most situations that put us in a bad mood can easily be deflected if we just change our mindset. They way we think really does affect our daily lives. Positive thinking and acting attracts other positive behaviors and actions.
- Express gratitude-showing gratitude increases the value of what you do have
- Be optimistic-optimism grows endless opportunities
- Avoid social comparison-everyone is different, everyone has different strengths. Focus on you, what you think of yourself is all that matters
- Learn to forgive-It will set you free from resentment and you can move forward
- Practice kindness-Being selfless creates such a strong feel good feeling and makes you happy to have made a difference
- Enjoy the small things-You can’t truly enjoy life unless you take time to relish in the small things. Sunsets, stars, laughter, snow falling.
- Take care of your body-When you feel your best, you become the best version of you.
- A family members death-I can comfort others in similar situations. Also, I now strive to make a difference and make the deceased proud of me.
- Parents divorce-I can relate and help others going through parents divorce. I learned what not to do in a marriage.
- Struggle financially-I learned that not all outing and adventures need to be bought(i.e. Disneyland, movies)
- Assaulted-Learned to stand up for myself and that abuse is not deserved. I can relate and help others in similar situations as well.
- Anxiety-Learned what makes me happy and I do more things like journaling, painting and reading to de-stress
I hope that now when you are having just one of those days, you take a minute to be grateful for what you have and to change that negative into a positive! 😉
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to comment below and I will respond 😊👍