Today, my family and I were all reminiscing our memories of the 90’s and it really made me feel old. Our main talk was of the toys and candy that we don’t see around much now. I was born in 1990 so I lived through all the 90’s but I was still young. A lot happened in the 90s, way too much for me to write about it all; so I narrowed the topic down to toys I think represent the 90s and candy you don’t see too much anymore. Hope y’all enjoy the memories!
Here are my top 5 toys from the 90s:
1. View Master – I loved getting the small reels with Disney characters on them and just scanning through them as we drove to visit family.
2. Super Nintendo- I was homeschooled so we played this all the time, my mom even played with us. Some of my favorite games were Donkey Kong of course, Aladdin, Star Fox, Space Invaders, Zelda and Super Mario World.
3. Nintendo 64 – This was the newest Nintendo system and my family really got into this with family night being teams battling against each other in whichever game we chose. Just to name a few we played: Donkey Kong, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Golden Eye 007 and Mario Party.
4. Tamagotchi or Giga Pets – If you didn’t have one of these growing up in the 90s, you missed out. Everyone I knew had one and we had them linked up with our backpacks. I personally had a gigapet and I loved it. Eventually I got tired of cleaning up the digital dog poop and giving him a bath. Now my gigapet sits in a save box in storage as a fond memory.
5. Pogs – Everyone collected these and traded them when I was a kid. They have tons of different images on them. I mainly had Disney or cartoon ones. I collected so many until they banned them in schools and all my friends stopped playing.
I definitely have a longer list of my top favorite candies but I’ll try and keep it short for you 😋 I also included some snacks because they are too good to forget.
1. Dunkaroos – These were every kids’ favorite snack. Graham crackers with frosting to dip them in, it could get any better than that! Unfortunately, a whole generation had to grow up without these amazing treats in their lunchbox since they were discontinued.
7. Candy Lipstick – My sister and I would always use these during pretend but we couldn’t resist and they would be gone by the end.
I know I missed a bunch of other good ones but I don’t want this post to be rediculously long so I could only do some of my top favorites. I hope y’all enjoyed taking a stroll down memory lane!
Comment below with your favorites 😜
Until next time, Cloe 💜