Orange County is a wonderful place to grow up. With weather that is good all year long to beautiful sites to see, it is a georgeous place to live or even visit.
- Acaį bowls are a big part of your diet. And when summer time comes, you call ahead to beat the line.
- When you were a kid, you did Junior Lifeguards cuz your parents were scared of you drowning
- Rain creates a range of mixed emotions. Excitement at something new, shock due to the rarity, or panic at the thought of the traffic due to paranoid drivers. I’m guilty of posting about it on my social media 🌧
- You know all the best Mexican food places around town and know all the taco Tuesday deals.
- When you wanted to escape for the weekend or go on a vacation, the choices included: LA, San Diego, Palm Springs and Big Bear. If you were daring or want to really get away, you made the long drive to Arizona to go hiking.
- You keep in touch with all your middle school and high school friends because you still come home on college break or you’ve moved back to live.
- Anything past Irvine doesn’t count as Orange County to you. Irvine Spectrum is about as far as you’ll go. Riverside is forbidden territory and just the thought makes you cringe.
- Your family has taken the photo for a holiday card at the beach in white shirts.
- You tan during non summer months to keep your tan up. Nobody likes losing their tan.
- It’s frustrating when people think all of California is the same. There is a huge difference between NorCal and SoCal! Trust me!
- Guys are allowed to have long hair without it being unusual. All the surfers and skateboarders have long hair.
- There is a particular lingo many use to describe things down here. “Dank”, “chill”, “rad”, and “gnarly”.
- And The Real OC was nothing like living in the OC. Some of the stereotypes are true but you’d never say that.
Let me know if I missed any or if you think these hold true. Just comment below! 😊
1 thought on “13 Signs You Grew Up In South Orange County”
I’ve never been there, but that did not stop me from enjoying your lovely post 🙂