It seems like every way I turn, I hear or see people trying to be like a Kardashian or Ariana Grande or Justin Beiber. What ever happened to being ourselves and being unique? People think we all need to strive to be ‘perfect’ but in reality, nobody is perfect. What classifies someone or something as perfect? Everything is in perspective. I think people need to recognize what makes them different and really enjoy doing what makes them happy. People need to stop trying to be an imitation of someone else and be their own unique, one-of-a-kind person.
I am by no means perfect but I am happy being me and being different. Everyone has something special and unique about them but we just need to acknowledge it and use it. Even the things in our lives that seem like a negative can be turned around and made into a positive. I can list a few things about myself that I feel makes me who I am.
- I come from a broken and mixed family but I love that we are all different but still connected.
- I am proud of my ethnicity. I am 25% Cherokee Indian, 25% Japanese, and the rest is a mix of German, French and Irish.
- I am still a child at heart and love cartoons and art n’ crafts.
- I had my gallbladder removed 😁
- I laugh at my own jokes.
- I’ve been through some hard events that have made me stronger.
- I have a love for all things country: music, dance, attire.
- I have vitiligo and psoriasis
- I had a tumor that was removed.
- I love the rain.
- I’m weird and love it 😜
What I’m trying to get at is, stop trying to be something you’re not and be happy with what you have been given. We were all made different for a reason, life would be boring if we were all the same so embrace your irreplaceable self! Be your own one-of-a-kind!